THE SPRING STORY
The Spring Story, a sole proprietorship operated by Anahita Jawanpuria having and the registered address D-13, Daffodils, Ashiana Garden, Sonari, Jamshedpur 831011, is the author and publisher of the website http://www.thespringstory.com (“Website”). The Proprietorship owns and operates the goods and services provided on the website. The Proprietorship is committed to the protection of your privacy and your personal information in accordance with applicable law. This Policy discloses our privacy practices for our site, located at http://www.thespringstory.com. This Policy is designed to help you understand what information we collect and how we collect, share and use the information. The Policy applies to all Website visitors and the registered users. By accessing or using our Website, You consent to the collection, transfer, manipulation, storage, disclosure, and other uses of Your information as described in this Policy, irrespective of which country you reside in or supply information from. Further, You authorize us to use Your information in India and/or any other country where we may operate the Website and/or may be accessible.
BY ACCESSING OR USING THE SERVICE, YOU AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THIS POLICY. IF YOU DISAGREE WITH ANY PART OF THIS POLICY, THEN YOU MAY NOT ACCESS THE SERVICE THROUGH OUR WEBSITE.
If you use the website as a Registered User, you are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of Your User ID and Password. You are responsible for all activities that occur under Your User ID and Password. You agree, inter alia, to provide true, accurate, current and complete information about Yourself as prompted by Website registration form or provided by You as a Visitor or user of a third-party site through which You access the Website. If You provide any information that is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete or the Proprietorship has reasonable grounds to suspect that such information is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, or not in accordance with the User Agreement, the Proprietorship has the right to indefinitely suspend or terminate or block access of Your membership with the Website and refuse to provide You with access to the Website. You have the duty to keep Your account and registration details current and correct.
The Proprietorship reserves the right to collect user data including name, contact information, user preferences and choices, location and other such details to facilitate services or use of its platform to avail services. All information collected from the user is on a bona fide basis. Misuse and misrepresentation of identity or contact details will lead to automated termination of services or the use of the platform without prior notice to such users.
User accounts bearing contact number and email IDs are created and owned by the Proprietorship. Any promotional discounts, offers and reward points accumulated can be revoked without prior notice in the event of suspicious account activity or mala fide intent of the user.
In the case where the system is unable to establish unique identity of the user against a valid mobile number or e-mail ID, the account shall be indefinitely suspended. The Proprietorship reserves the full discretion to suspend a user's account in the above event and does not have the liability to share any account information whatsoever.
Information Collected and Storage of Such Information: The “Information” (which shall also include data) provided by You to the Proprietorship or collected from You by the Proprietorship may consist of “Personal Information” and “Non-Personal Information”.
Personal Information: Personal Information is Information collected that can be used to uniquely identify or contact You. Personal Information for the purposes of this Policy shall include, but not be limited to:
- Your address;
- Your telephone number;
- Your e-mail address;
- Other contact information;
- Your date of birth;
- Link to any third-party websites saved by You;
- Internet Protocol address;
- Any other items of ‘sensitive personal data or information’ as such term is defined under the applicable law;
- Identification code of your communication device which You use to access the Website otherwise deal with any Proprietorship entity
- Any other Information that You provide during Your registration process, if any, on the Website.
Such Personal Information may be collected in various ways including during the course of Your interaction with the Website, in the following ways:
- Registering as a user on the Website;
- Availing certain services offered on the Website. Such instances include but are not limited to making an offer for participating in any online survey or contest, communicating with the Proprietorship’s customer service by phone, email or otherwise or posting user reviews of the Services available on the Website, or
- Otherwise doing business on the Website or otherwise dealing with any Proprietorship entity.
- We may receive Personal information about You from third parties, such as social media services. If You access Website through a social media service or connect a service on Website to a social media service, the information we collect may include Your username associated with that social media service, any information or content the social media service has the right to share with us, such as Your profile picture, email address or friends list, and any information you have made public in connection with that social media service. When You access the Website or otherwise deal with any Proprietorship entity through social media services or when You connect any Website to social media services, You are authorizing the Proprietorship to collect, store, and use and retain such information and content in accordance with this Policy.
Non-Personal Information: The Proprietorship may also collect information other than Personal Information from You through the Website when You visit and/or use the Website. Such information may be stored in server logs. This Non-Personal Information may include:
- Your geographic location;
- Details of Your telecom service provider or internet service provider;
- Type of browser (Internet Explorer, Firefox, Opera, Google Chrome etc.);
- Operating system of Your system, device and the Website You last visited before visiting the Website;
- Duration of Your stay on the Website along with the date and time of Your access.
You hereby represent to the Proprietorship that:
- The Information You provide to the Proprietorship from time to time is and shall be authentic, correct, current and updated and You have all the rights, permissions and consents as may be required to provide such Information to the Proprietorship.
- Your providing the Information to the Proprietorship and the Proprietorship’s consequent storage, collection, usage, transfer, access or processing of the same shall not be in violation of any third-party agreement, laws, charter documents, judgments, orders and decrees.
- The Proprietorship and each of the Proprietorship’s entities officers, directors, contractors or agents shall not be responsible for the authenticity of the Information that You or any other user provide to the Proprietorship. You shall indemnify and hold harmless the Proprietorship and each of the Proprietorship’s entities officers, directors, contracts or agents and any third-party relying on the Information provided by You in the event You are in breach of this Policy including this provision and the immediately preceding provision above.
- Your Information will primarily be stored in electronic form. However, certain data can also be stored in physical form. We may store, collect, process and use Your data in countries other than India but under compliance with applicable laws. We may enter into agreements with third parties (in or outside of India) to store or process your information or data. These third parties may have their own security standards to safeguard Your information or data and we will on commercial reasonable basis require from such third parties to adopt reasonable security standards to safeguard your information/data.
Purpose for Collecting, Using, Storing and Processing Your Information [Individually and collectively referred to as (“Purposes”)]: The Proprietorship collects, uses, stores and processes Your Information for any purpose as may be permissible under applicable laws (including where the applicable law provides for such collection, usage, storage or processes in accordance with the consent of the user) connected with a function or activity of each of the Proprietorship’s entities and shall include the following:
- to facilitate Your use of the Website or other services of the Proprietorship entities;
- to respond to Your inquiries or fulfil Your requests for information about the various services offered on the Website;
- to provide You with information about products and services available on the Website and/or Call to Order facility and to send You information, materials, and offers from the Proprietorship;
- to send You important information regarding the Website, changes in terms and conditions, user agreements, and policies and/or other administrative information;
- to send You surveys and marketing communications that the Proprietorship believes may be of interest to You;
- to personalize Your experience on the Website by presenting advertisements, products and offers tailored to Your preferences;
- to help You address Your problems incurred on the Website including addressing any technical problems;
- if You use of any service from the Website, to complete and fulfil Your request, for example, to have Your requests processed, communicate with You regarding Your use and provide You with related customer service;
- for proper administering of the Website;
- to conduct internal reviews and data analysis for the Website (e.g., to determine the number of visitors to specific pages within the Website);
- to improve the services, content and advertising on the Website;
- to provide value added services such as Single Sign On. Single Sign On shall mean a session/user authentication process that permits a user to enter his/her name or mobile number or e-mail address or any combination thereof and password in order to access multiple Website;
- to facilitate various programmes and initiatives launched by the Proprietorship or third-party service providers and business associates;
- to conducting academic research and surveys;
- to protect the integrity of the Website;
- to respond to legal, judicial, quasi-judicial process and provide information to law enforcement agencies or in connection with an investigation on matters related to public safety, as permitted by law;
- to conduct analytical studies on various aspects including user behaviour, user preferences etc.;
- to permit third parties who may need to contact users who have availed services through the Website to facilitate installation, service and any other product related support;
- to implement information security practices;
- to determine any security breaches, computer contaminant or computer virus;
- to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities and suspected fraud,
- to undertake forensics of the concerned computer resource as a part of investigation or internal audit;
- to trace computer resources or any person who may have contravened, or is suspected of having or being likely to contravene, any provision of law that is likely to have an adverse impact on the services provided on the Website or by the Proprietorship;
- to enable a potential buyer or investor to evaluate the business of the Proprietorship;
- to identify, research, and protect against any actual, potential or threatened misuse, unauthorized use, or unwanted use of any of the Site or Service, including but not limited to researching any claims made by or about others users and/or about the Site and/or Service, and such efforts of which may include information provided from third-party sources;
- as we, in our sole discretion, otherwise determine to be necessary or required to ensure the safety and/or integrity of our users, employees, third parties, members of the public, and/or our Site and Service.
You hereby agree and acknowledge that the Information so collected is for lawful purpose connected with a function or activity of each of the Proprietorship entities or any person on their respective behalf, and the collection of Information is necessary for the Purposes.
Sharing and Disclosure of Your Information: We will not disclose Your personal information to any persons or entities outside of the Proprietorship, nor lease, license, rent, transfer, disclose, disseminate or otherwise grant access to such information. However,
- You hereby grant us a non-exclusive, worldwide, perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free, sub-licensable (through multiple tiers) right to exercise the copyright, publicity, and database rights you have in Your information, in any media or medium now known or developed, produced, invented or used in future, with respect to Your information.
- You hereby unconditionally agree and permit that the Proprietorship may transfer, share, disclose or part with all or any of Your Information, within and outside India to various Proprietorship entities and to third party service providers/partners for one or more of the Purposes or as may be required by applicable law. In such case, we will contractually oblige the receiving parties of the Information to ensure the same level of data protection that is adhered to by the Proprietorship under applicable law.
- You acknowledge and agree that, to the extent permissible under applicable laws, it is adequate that when the Proprietorship transfers Your Information to any other entity within or outside Your country of residence, the Proprietorship will place contractual obligations on the transferee which will oblige the transferee to adhere to the provisions of this Policy.
- The Proprietorship may share statistical data and other details (excluding Your Personal Information) without your express or implied consent to facilitate various programmes or initiatives launched by the Proprietorship, its affiliates, agents, third party service providers, partners or banks & financial institutions, from time to time. We may transfer/disclose/share Information (excluding Your Personal Information) to those parties who support our business, such as providing technical infrastructure services, analysing how our services are used. These affiliates and third-party service providers shall adhere to confidentiality obligations consistent with this Policy.
- The Proprietorship may also share Personal Information if the Proprietorship believes it is necessary in order to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person, violations of various terms and conditions or our policies.
- We reserve the right to disclose your information when required to do so by law or regulation, or under any legal obligation or order under law or in response to a request from a law enforcement or governmental agency or judicial, quasi-judicial or any other statutory or constitutional authority or to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims. You further agree that such disclosure, sharing and transfer of Your Personal Information and Non-Personal Information shall not cause any wrongful loss to You or to any third party, or any wrongful gain to us or to any third party.
- The security of your Personal Information is important to us. The Proprietorship strives to ensure the security of Your Personal Information and to protect Your Personal Information against unauthorized access or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction. For this purpose, the Proprietorship adopts internal reviews of the data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures, including appropriate encryption and physical security measures to guard against unauthorized access to systems where the Proprietorship stores Your Personal Information. Each of the Proprietorship entity shall adopt reasonable security practices and procedures as mandated under applicable laws for the protection of Your Information. Provided that Your right to claim damages shall be limited to the right to claim only statutory damages under applicable law and You hereby waive and release all the Proprietorship entities from any claim of damages under contract or under tort.
- Security & Retention
- The Proprietorship is not liable for any loss or injury caused to You as a result of You providing Your Personal Information to third party (including any third party Website and/or Mobile Applications, even if links to such third party Website and/or Mobile Applications are provided on the Website of the Proprietorship).
- Notwithstanding anything contained in this Policy or elsewhere, the Proprietorship shall not be held responsible for any loss, damage or misuse of Your Personal Information, if such loss, damage or misuse is attributable to a Force Majeure Event (as defined below).
A "Force Majeure Event" shall mean any event that is beyond the reasonable control of the Proprietorship and shall include, without limitation, sabotage, fire, flood, explosion, acts of God, civil commotion, strikes or industrial action of any kind, riots, insurrection, war, acts of government, computer hacking, unauthorised access to computer, computer system or computer network,, computer crashes, breach of security and encryption (provided beyond reasonable control of the Proprietorship), power or electricity failure or unavailability of adequate power or electricity.
- While We will endeavour to take all reasonable and appropriate steps to keep secure any Personal Information which We hold about You and prevent unauthorized access, You acknowledge that the internet or computer networks are not fully secure and that We cannot provide any absolute assurance regarding the security of Your Personal Information.
- You agree that all Personal Information shall be retained till such time required for the Purpose(s) or required under applicable law, whichever is later. Non-Personal Information will be retained indefinitely.
PROTECTING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION: We take commercially reasonable security measures to protect against unauthorized access to, or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of your Personal Information that you share and we collect and store. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet or any wireless network can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your personal information, it is understood that:
- there are security and privacy limitations of the Internet which are beyond our control;
- the security, integrity and privacy of any and all information and data exchanged between you and us through the Website cannot be guaranteed and you transmit such information at your own risk; and
- any such information and data may be viewed or tampered with in transit by a third party.
While we are committed to taking all reasonable precautions to protect your Personal Information, we recommend you take the following steps as well:
- Use only secure websites when disclosing your information. Secure pages begin with “https.”;
- Create strong passwords and use them wisely.
- Never respond to unsolicited requests for your financial information.
- Do not disclose your passwords or your Account Information to any other person.
- Be careful about disclosing personal information such as your name, address, or e-mail address in discussion forums or other public areas linked from the Website. Any information disclosed in your communication, can be collected and used by third parties and may result in unsolicited messages from third parties.
- Be aware when clicking on hypertext links and websites of third parties on the Website. Other sites accessible through the Website via links or service partnerships have their own privacy policies and data collection, use and disclosure practices. We encourage you to review other websites’ policies before revealing any sensitive or personal information. We cannot be and are not responsible for maintaining your privacy once you leave the Website and are not responsible for the policies or practices of third parties.
Effective date: 21st April 2022
Copyright © 2022 The Spring Story